- 10-May-2014 to 28-Oct-2014 (CST)
- Havelock, NC, USA
The Retail Sales Consultant is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction per company standard, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy / Store Standards.
Retail Sales Consultant Areas of Responsibility/Duties:
The Retail Sales Consultant responsibilities include but are not limited
to the following:
• Opens and closes store according to company policy and guidelines including running all appropriate reports (i.e. utilizing the Store Operating Routine documents).
• Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired (i.e. utilizing the Customer Analysis Form) and suggests a product to meet the customer's needs.
• Places new merchandise on display. Displays merchandise according to planogram guidelines. Ensures merchandise is priced accurately.
• Participates in promotional activity to draw traffic, including but not limited to weekly Business to Business initiatives, FAN flyers, organizing and/or attending local community events, etc.
• Maintains monthly sales quotas.
• Process returns and trade-in credits.
• Performs daily Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Program specifics.
• Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge information.
• Prepares sales slip or sales contract.
• Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
• Requisitions merchandise from stockroom.
• Uses database to research availability of merchandise. Processes orders.
• Troubleshoots systems and/or equipment for customers on an as needed basis.
• Daily store maintenance that may include the following; dust, vacuum, replace light bulbs, remove trash and place in dumpster, etc.
• Reports all variances regarding inventory, cash out and deposits immediately to the Store Manager and/or the appropriate department.
• Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by immediate supervisor.
Retail Sales Consultant Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience:High school diploma or equivalent and one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Customer Service:Experience with service related position, preferred in the sales and retail industry. Listening skills, able to address all customers inquiries, and know when to ask a supervisor or other management to assist.
Language Ability:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine customer contracts and correspondence. Ability to speak professionally and effectively before customers.
Math Ability:Basic Math Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add and subtract for pricing, discounts, plan rates, coupons and deposit calculations.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal and written. Ability to deal with problems with customer basic complaints.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer skills, processing software and basic applications of POS (Point of Sale).
Hours of Work and Supervision:This position is based on a schedule set by the Store Manager. Employee is responsible for accurately informing their manager in advance of their time off requests. Hours schedule are based on your payroll status (Part-time or Full-time) and hours available to the store.
Additional hours are available from time to time; employees may be called upon to work, as well as a reduction may occur due to business traffic.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings